We can all have those times where it seems like our efforts are in vain and our giants too large to takedown. I don’t think anyone is immune to “off” days or being in a funk. However, if you’re in a funk, you gotta push through it because life is too short and has to much to offer. Always remember that you are blessed and rough times are meant to teach us lessons both about life and about ourselves. So what do you do when you’re not having the best day? Or when you feel like you’re in a funk?
I keep a checklist that I like to call my “Don’t Quit List”. So when I get down, worried, or start to feel overwhelmed…I remind myself of the following:
1. God placed you here, in this moment, for a reason. PAY ATTENTION BECAUSE CLASS IS IN SESSION.
2. It’s too easy to quit or give up on something ( especially when you are just starting) but it’s just as easy to succeed.
3. You gotta develop the GUTS required to see the GLORY. Because with the GLORY comes increased responsibility.
4. Your struggle is your story. There is someone you will need to help one day and they will need your story. You’ll have to have been in there shoes.
5. Do you really want this to be the thing that beats you? ( Whenever, I’m having a hard time I always ask that question.)
6. (Related to 5.) If this thing does beat you, thats the end of the story…And where is the fun in that?
7. “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
8. Don’t wait for someone to cheer you on from the stands. You have to be your own cheerleader.
9. Stop thinking about the challenges that lie ahead. Take a nap, get a sandwich, and get back to it.
10. No matter the outcome, if you keep going you will gain wisdom. That wisdom alone gets you closer to your goal than doing nothing.
11. The people you love are counting on you. Quitting when you’ve come so far isn’t an option.
So there you have it, thats my “Don’t Quit List”. What’s yours?
(*P.S. I find that the right music playlist works too. d-_-b)